The Worrell Family

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving Day!


I stayed up late preparing some of Thanksgiving feast and then got back up at 6:00 in the morning to make sure the turkey got on in time for "dinner" at noon. It was quiet all through the house, so I decided to watch My Date with Drew that I had rented the night before. Of course as soon as I put it on, Kaitlyn immediately woke up! So much for that idea, right? The Worrells and Amanda and Ciera arrived just before everything was ready despite the fact that I gave Amanda wrong directions to our house. I don't know whose idea it was that I should send directions. I am perpetually lost! We put together a Thanksgiving tree. Everyone traced their hands and wrote what they were thankful for. Alex was thankful for his mommy, Kaitlyn was thankful for popcorn, Grandpa was thankful for quiet grandkids, Amanda & Ciera were thankful for family, Jon was thankful for the Bank of Mom & Dad (Ha!), and I was thankful for our healthy kids. I also decided that Alyssa was thankful for breastmilk. :) We had a nice nch and then Alex, Kaitlyn, & Ciera headed to Alabama to spend the rest of the holiday with Ann and Will. Jon, Alyssa, & I went to my mom's house to spend some time with the other half of the family. There was quite a party going on there as usual. Mom, Aunt Trish, Ma'am (mammal), Uncle John, his girlfriend Sherry, Uncle Jason, Michael, Matthew, David, The Tigners, Cousin Ryan and his friend LV from college were all there. We stayed up until the wee hours of the morning eating, drinking, and being merry. Alyssa had a bit of a tummy ache and projectile spit up all over Terry Ticklebug (Tigner). She had the right idea though and didn't get a drop on herself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home