The Worrell Family

Saturday, December 10, 2005

A Day Out with Santa in Kennesaw


Our Christmas activity for today was to go to the town square in Kennesaw and see their parade and then see what sort of Christmas acitivities were going on. I made a wrong turn on the way and ended up in downtown Acworth instead. In the time it took to double back we missed the parade. :( We still had a lot of fun doing the activities though. The kids rode on a trackless train that drove around the square. It made me a little nervous because I could ride with them, but Alex kept his arm around Kaitlyn the whole time like a good big brother. There was a nativity scene there as well. The kids really like to see the baby Jesus in the manger. I forced the kids to pose for a few holiday pics for me standing by various trees and blown up snowmen and such. It wasn't until one of these pictures that I noticed that Kaitlyn's pants were on backwards. (I let her dress herself. Obviously.) We watched a few minutes of a Civil War reenactment. I tried to explain to them that there had been battles right in Kennesaw about 150 years ago. They were actually more interested than they had expected they would be. The actors were shooting their guns and there was lots of smoke everywhere. Kaitlyn was concerned that they were going to hurt someone. She didn't believe me when I told her the guns weren't real. :) We played on the playground for awhile and I saw one of the dads from our moms group. He said that two of Kaitlyn's friends were about to do a ballet performace in a nearby tent, so we stayed to watch them. Kaitlyn was very excited to see her friends on stage. We really need to look into ballet lessons for her because she LOVES to dance! Finally we stopped to look at some live reindeer they had tethered to a sleigh full of presents. Alex and Kaitlyn sat in the sleigh for a moment. Kaitlyn tried to go pet the reindeer, but their caretaker told her they weren't used to children. Only Santa and the elves. :) Another fun day was had by all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home