The Worrell Family

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Holiday Cookie Exchange


Today we went to the Atlanta Mommas Holiday Cookie Exchange. There we tons of cookies everywhere. The cookies in the picture were baked and decorated by my friend Allison. I thought the kids would really enjoy making these sometime before Christmas. :) We brought chocolate chip cookies. I made these for the first time in 2002 and they were seriously the best chocolate chip cookies I had ever had. Ever since that first time I had never been able to make them as well as that first time......until this time! They were awesome! This is the recipe:

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 6 dozen

4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

Delicious!!

We also had to take Baby Alyssa back to the doctor today. I noticed a little nodule in her neck that concerned me. I was little and hard, so I called the doctor and went in for an appointment. They told me it was just a lymph gland and that all was well. She made me feel sort of silly. I am not usually one to freak and rush the kids to the doctor, so it was obviously very strange to me. Oh well. She is fine and that is the important thing. BTW-Big girl gained another two ounces from her Tuesday appointment to her Thursday appointment. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home