The Worrell Family

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Niagara Falls Botanical Gardens and Butterfly Conservatory


We stopped for lunch at Kelsey's. They were giving samples of their peppercorn burger away outside of the restaurant when we walked by and it was too delicious to resist. We shared one of the peppercorn burgers and a spinach dip. They were both to die for. I think Kelsey's was my favorite place to eat out of all of the restaurants we went to while we were there.
After that we headed over to catch the People Mover bus to get to the Botanical Gardens and Butterfly Conservatory. While I waited patiently for a bus, Eric was sucked into the Candy Planet shop and somehow swindled into buying 1 1/2 pounds of fudge. Sucker.
The Butterfly Conservatory was pretty amazing. There were beautiful butterflies flying everywhere. It was a very serene place with beautiful flowers everywhere.
We walked from there into the Botanical Gardens. I took my shoes off and walked barefoot through the grass. It was really beautiful and much less crowded than the Atlanta Gardens. Many times, Eric and I were completely alone. We came upon a fountain and decided to get our feet a little wet while singing the theme song to Friends. How often do you have the opportunity to do that with little probability of getting caught? The water had some amazing component that made our feet incredibly soft. Still puzzled about that one...
We saw the bus driving by and I tried to thumb it down. Hitchhiking is apparently more legal in Canada than in the U.S. Since she didn't stop for me, we chased the bus so as not to have to wair for another. When we made it on there was a British lady that informed me that "in Canada we don't flag down buses". I then told her I was from Zimbabwe and we did. She asked me if I was okay and gave me the "I wonder how much she has had to drink" face. Apparently she didn't realize that I was not at all drunk, just always this way. Silly Brits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home