The Worrell Family

Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year's Day


Today was New Year's Day. Jon had to work, so we went up there to eat a super late breakfast. Alex and Kaitlyn ate these funny face pancakes. Well, Kaitlyn ate hers. Alex only took a couple bites of his before he didn't want anymore. I will agree that they look much cooler than they taste. :) Nim came to pick Alex up and he went home with her to open a couple more Christmas presents since he hasn't seen her since then. Kaitlyn, Alyssa, and I went back home. We ended up driving back out to Gwinnett to be with our friend Melody for awhile. She was having a rough day and needed her friends! We went over to Melody's mom's house for awhile too. Her mom fixed Kaitlyn a little bag of carrots for the ride home. I asked her if I could have one and she obliged. She ate a couple and then gave me the rest of the bag. It was dark at this point, so I started eating them without seeing them. When I grabbed the second one, I noticed there was something all over it. I turned the interior light on in my van and saw that Kaitlyn had spit a bite of chewed up carrot back into the bag! GROSS! Wasn't that considerate of her to give me the rest? :) We got home and ate our collards and black-eyed peas for good luck and money. I have been eating these things my whole life and still haven't seen the money. I am going to keep trying though!

Jon and I made New Year's resolutions this year. His was to utilize his gym membership more. He goes regularly, but wants to go more frequently. I want to dedicate more time to keeping this house more organized. I clean SOMETHING every day, but with the five of us, we are always making new messes. NONE of us are that great at cleaning up behind ourselves either, so part of my resolution is to be better at that and helping the kids to be better too. There is this website that is supposed to help people get organized. It is www.flylady.com . I have tried it a couple times, but never stick with it. I am going to try to make it work again though. Let's see if we stick to these resolutions!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home