The Worrell Family

Monday, January 16, 2006

Scrapbook Crop


Today we went to a scrapbook crop over at Julie's house. I was feeling pretty frazzled and remembered all my scrapbook stuff, but forgot the pictures I wanted to work on. Duh! So I just sat there and gossiped for awhile while Kaitlyn played with the other kids. We came home and Jon had come home from work early, so we spent the rest of the night doing family time.

Today was Martin Luther King, Jr. day. Alex has learned about him in school. He came home a couple days ago and I asked him what he had done at school that day. He said he learned about these "white people" that had killed a King. I was confused for a minute before he realized he was talking about Martin Luther King, Jr. We talked about it for awhile and he told me that MLK, Jr. wanted everyone to be friends with each other. He said he didn't remember who shot him, BUT he did remember who killed Mr. "Ham" Lincoln--John Wilkes Booth. I told him that it was Abraham Lincoln, but he insisted it was not, that the first name was Ham. Whatever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home