The Worrell Family

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A Sick Baby!

Jon went back to work for the first day today after being terribly sick for about four days. Alyssa didn't nurse too much in the night, so I was wondering if something was wrong. This morning, I noticed she felt sort of warm. I took her temperature by mid-morning and she was running one of about 102. Since Jon had been so sick, I made her a doctor's appointment for later in the afternoon. We went there and they swabbed her nose and she definitely has the flu. The doctor recommended that Alex, Kaitlyn, and I go ahead and get flu shots to hopefully prevent getting sick too. I took the first one like a champ to show them how easy it was. Kaitlyn got hers next because Alex was busy hiding under a chair. She did okay, but cried a lot. That didn't help with Alex's fear though. We had to drag him out kicking and creaming and physically restrain him. I hate being part of the whole barbaric process really. Why do I have to hold him down? Alyssa had a rough night, but is doing reasonably well for having her first flu. I started feeling like crap tonight, but hopefully it will end swiftly. Mommy can't ever get sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home