The Worrell Family

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Freaking Out


I had to do a focus group today. I was determined to figure out a way to do it since it paid $100 for only an hour and a half of time. Tamara signed her girls up for Kaitlyn's same ballet class, so she agreed to take her there. I didn't want to be too far from Alyssa, so my friend Christine said she would walk Perimeter Mall with her since the study place was about 1 mile from the mall. What a good friend, huh? So I went to the study and they had overbooked and didn't even need me. I still got paid the same as if I had done the study, but I had to wait about an hour before they cut the check. I had never been away from Alyssa for more than about 45 minutes before and had never left her with anyone except Jon. Also, there was another lady waiting with me at the study place and she was being totally impatient. She was pacing back and forth and sighing really loud. She was sending off really bad vibes. While I was waiting for the check, I started feeling really anxious. It had gotten worse by the time I got back to the mall to get Alyssa. I had to drive all the way back to Acworth to pick up Kaitlyn. By the time I got there, I was having a full-fledged panic attack. I don't know for sure what caused it. I think it was a combination of being away from Alyssa for so long and that impatient lady. I am attached to Alyssa just as much as she is attached to me!

We also went to a Holistic Moms meeting this evening. The kids worked on puzzles while a speaker spoke to the moms about Attachment Parenting. We practice a lot of AP principles, so I was interested in learning more. The lady didn't really discuss anything I wasn't already aware of though. It was fun for the kids though. They put together this huge firetruck puzzle together. Good teamwork!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home