The Worrell Family

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Groundhog's Day


Today was Groundhog's Day! Since it was Jon's day off, it was my bright idea to get up before sunrise and go out to the Yellow River Game Ranch and see the groundhog. I have never done anything like this with or without the kids before, so I thought it would be fun. Especially since it was free admission if you got there before 9:00am. We got up really early and started over. We called to make sure we were going to get there in time to see the groundhog. They said "Sure! Come on over!" Well, we got there and I saw people leaving. Hmmm....I asked someone and they said the groundhog had already come out--OVER AN HOUR BEFORE! Those losers. They totally lied when we called. It was okay though because the ranch is totally cool. We walked around and saw the animals and fed them crackers. Alex's favorite animal was the rabbits at the end. Kaitlyn says she liked the panda bears. Ummm...there were no panda bears. :) My favorite was the baby goats at the beginning. AND at the end inside the rabbit area was a chicken. Jon called me over to look at her and just underneath her was a baby chick peeking out. Jon crumbled up some crackers really small and put them by her and all the sudden four or five little chicks popped out and started eating. It was the cutest thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home