The Worrell Family

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

East Cobb Stables


We hung out around the house for the better part of the day. The kids decided to take their lunch outdoors today, so Alex dragged the Nemo umbrella table outside. Not just right outside either. Practically all the way to the culdesac. Then both chairs and their lunches. Silly kids. They sat out there eating for a few minutes until they realized that food + outside = bugs. They started freaking out. Alex convinced Kaitlyn that a bee stung her on the lip. First of all, I don't think she realizes how much a bee sting hurts because she never uttered so much as a whimper. But he must be convincing to a 3-year-old because she was still talking about her "bee sting" until she went to bed tonight. After a short rest we headed out to the East Cobb Stables. They advertise $8 pony rides on Wednesdays during summer and only at 2 pm.

http://www.eastcobbstables.com/PonyRides.htm

This and the ad I read in the Atlanta Parent magazine led me to believe that my children would receive a decently long pony ride. I meant to go all last summer, but put it off and put it off until summer was over and I had missed my chance. Well, one of my mommy friends posted about it on Atlanta Mommas so we decided to make an outing of it. We got there and weren't quite sure where to go. I realize that stables are not the most glam places, but it was kind of yucky there. It was totally hot outside, in the nineties. We finally figured out where we were supposed to be and waited a short time. Alex got to ride first. They walked him around the track twice and then that was it. Done. Same for Kaitlyn. It was less than 5 minutes each! I felt sort of misled about the time. They weren't even the friendliest people either. Not rude or anything, but definitely not friendly like I want people that are interacting with my children to be. The kids were definitely impressed by the horse riding. I asked Alex if he thought it was a thumbs up or thumbs down. He held his thumb sideways and said "medium". He said it was good because he got to ride a horse and bad because it was really hot. Kaitlyn agreed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home