The Worrell Family

Friday, February 24, 2006

Sock Hop


Alex's Sock Hop was this afternoon after school. He and I were in our 50's gear. I tried to wear my poodle skirt, but it was totally too small for my baby belly I still have, so I settled for jeans and saddle shoes. Alex had matching jeans and white t-shirt with spiked hair and a pair of Converse. He did NOT want his hair spiked at first, but once he saw all the other boys with spiky hair he was okay with it. We started in the gym for the dance and Alex and his friend Jacob Eller were dancing to the Monster Mash. Alex didn't want to dance at first, so he was standing against the wall while Kaitlyn and I were dancing. All the sudden he was right next to us, but informed me that he was NOT going to dance. All the sudden there he was dancing with Jacob after all. Silly. He ditched the girls and I pretty quickly after that since he had found a friend. I guess I will have to get used to that. (Just the other day he wouldn't take my hand at the bus stop because his friends were watching.) There was a moon walk and snacks, so Kaitlyn and I just walked around for awhile. I finally caught back up with Alex in the library so that he and Kaitlyn could get their faces painted. We had lots of fun!! Like always!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home