The Worrell Family

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Who Is the Center of Your Life?

We attended Revision at the Atlanta Vineyard Church tonight. We used to attend Revision on Sunday nights before we moved way out to Marietta. It was called VSN back then and it is the AVC's young adult service. The pastor was young, so we found many of the messages very relevant to our lives. Since I was working Sundays and now Jon is working Sundays, we haven't been able to go to church as a family for quite awhile with the exception of Christmas Eve. I recently found out that Revision has moved its services to Thursday nights which is fortunately Jon's only day off every week. Last night the pastor, Adam Hoar, discussed plans for the future and reflecting on the past. Many people are doing a lot of that at this time of the year, making New Year's resolutions and the like. He basically asked us if Jesus was at the center of the plans we were making. Some people feel a lot of pressure to meet certain goals they set for themselves, but to let Jesus be the center and you will end up exactly where you are supposed to be. I thought it was a great service and definitely took something from it. There are a lot of plans I have had in the works for my life and need to put them in God's hands. I have been giving a lot of thought to going through doula training over the last several months, so I am going to do some more praying about that and see if that is what God wants for me as well.

Jesus be the center
Be my source
be my light Jesus

Jesus be the center
Be my song Jesus

Be the fire in my heart
Be the wind in my sails
Be the reason that I live Jesus Jesus

Jesus be my vision
Be my help
Be my guide Jesus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home